Monday 28 September 2015

Brainstorm #1

BRAINSTORM IDEA ONE:

I came across a music video that I have been watching and thought about if I could recreate something similar. I have discussed this with my group and we have unanimously decided that this sort of concept is something we'd all be interested in. Below is the video:




The song itself is a fusion of Bollywood, RnB and Pop, thereby making it extremely unique as to what is already out in the market. This music video appealed to me because of many reasons such as:

1) The simple concept: the concept itself, along with the narrative, is extremely simple, something so easily recreate-able. The use of locations, costume and makeup make the video look physically appealing.
2) The camera angles: there is an extreme use of close ups in the music video as it showcases the band, 'Rouge', and their physical beauty. This meets the convention of a Bollywood music video as well as pop/rnb.
3) The practicality: if I wanted to create a girl band with my group, this would be easy as there are many females in my sixth form who meet certain requirements of being in the music video such as the ability to lip sync. 


Overall, I am seriously considering whether or not to use a girl group as an idea for the final music video.   

No comments:

Post a Comment