Thursday 3 September 2015

Summer Project - Preliminary Task

Another task that I had to complete was making a music video that 'narrated' my summer holidays. The video itself was shot with a Sony A5000 camera with a few partial scenes shot on iPhone quality, however as I uploaded it on YouTube, the quality of the video had diminished and is not 1080p (please watch below).



I starred in my video and had the initial idea of showcasing my summer in a very juvenile way, with the beginning saying 'Unicorn Productions'. Throughout the summer, I spent most of my time with my friends, playing playstation and genuinely having a good time with good company. I highlighted this in the video by using multiple scenes of me and my friends dancing, messing around and having fun. 

The positive aspects of this video is firstly, the high quality camera I used (which cannot unfortunately be shown properly due to the fact that YouTube compressed the file and changed the file format). I think that this created a high quality video, especially with the close up's of me lip syncing in the car park. Secondly, I think that the location of the car park was effective, especially as it was empty. I think that I will take this into consideration as a possible location for when I create my actual music video. 

However, I do think that as this was a childish take (especially as there was not much of a clear narrative or performance aspect) on a music video, there is room for much more improvement. In my final music video, I would like to improve the level of performance, narrative and better use of visual effects. 

Overall, I think this project worked well with the brief I was given. I look forward to creating and brainstorming ideas for my future and final A2 music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment