Thursday 15 October 2015

5 Videos That I Could Re-Create

Below are the music videos where I could re-create and possibly put in my own music video. It does not necessarily mean that I could re-create the whole video, but parts of certain videos. 


NUMBER 1:


From this music video, I could potentially re-create the scenes in which the artist, The Weeknd, is singing into the microphone whilst dancing around the stage. At my school, there is a huge hall with spotlights that I could book to rent out. In addition, I would be able to use the spotlights whilst turning off the main lights in the hall to create a 'concert' like stage. This would be a good element to put in a music video, as I could incorporate Richard Dyer's theory (of using excessive close ups).


NUMBER 2: 




Lady Leshurr used a one shot take for her music video, a camera angle which I could easily re-create. In addition to this, basic 'annotations' could be edited on the music video with the lyrics appearing on the screen. The music video is set on a junction, somewhere in London, an element which would be challenging to film in (due to the amount of traffic) but isn't impossible. If I did decide to use a rap song for my music video, this style of music video will be a possibility to use because of its simplicity.      


NUMBER 3:




The video for 'post to be' uses the same studio throughout the music video with a few 'filler' scenes. This can easily be re-created due to the facilities at my school: the media studio. I would essentially be able to use the white background along with professional lighting to create the same high quality footage.


NUMBER 4:



In Selena's music video for 'good for you', the narrative is very simple: her singing into the camera, almost as if she is singing to the audience. This video is easily re-creatable due to its simple set, costume and narrative. The video itself uses Richard Dyers theory (close ups) and a lot of Laura Mulvey's 'male gaze' theory. 


NUMBER 5:




The final music video which I feel will not be difficult to re-create is Jess Glynne's music video because of the ability to film in those environments with a set storyline. Jess Glynne is not dressed in a certain way in order to entice an audience, only her lyrics grip the listeners. The clear narrative of a young boy dealing with a loss (Andrew Goodwin's illustrative theory where the lyrics relate to the visuals) proves to be a simple and easily able concept to film, which is why I think this could be re-creatable. 


Overall, these videos all differ from each other, however, they all seem to grasp one thing in common: simple narratives. This proves to be effective, where the song speaks for itself in order to entice an audience, an aspect which I will take into account whilst filming my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment